[haiku-development] Re: Coverity credit (was: Re: About System)

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 12:56:58 -0700

2008/9/3 scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>:
> If/when we get Coverity going, maybe they should be listed in the
> credits somewhere as well, not sure where they'd fit in, maybe Urias
> would know.

I believe Coverity suggests at least reference to their "bug ID" in
the source commits that fix the issues found by them. Ingo has already
submitted a couple fixes like this, with reference to "CID" #'s. I'm
not sure they request official recognition or not in the "about"
credits. We haven't actually agreed to any official TOS that I know of
yet.

Once we get things going, I will probably want to get this confirmed
with them officially and we can draw up some quick guidelines for
anyone who will have access to work with the published scan results.
This will allow Coverity to claim "credit" for any bugs they have
helped Haiku fix, and it seems there's a process by which the person
who fixes the issue marks it as fixed on Coverity's site as well.

Details of this will be forthcoming once the whole thing is finally in
place, at the moment, we're still in the setup/testing phase.

- Urias