[haiku-development] Re: Contribute to "Create an XFS file system driver"

  • From: Julian Harnath <julian.harnath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 17:37:13 +0100

Saket Sinha <saket.sinha89@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb:

> What I really want to ask is that is there a generic
> layer/functions(since VFS's interaction with filesystems I could not
> track) that are common to all the filesystems.

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question correctly, but the VFS
layer itself is the the layer containing the functionality that is
common to all filesystems.
Have you looked at the documentation for writing file system modules at
http://api.haiku-os.org/fs_modules.html
yet? If not, maybe it could answer some of your questions.

--
So long, jua