[haiku-development] Re: Compiling autotools

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 15:46:08 -0400

While we are talking build tools, I also think we need to port libtool
to Haiku. Its settings for BeOS do not seem right. For the various
libraries I was cross-compiling for the WebKit port (sqlite3, libxml2,
curl, etc) I had to hack the libtool script to make it generate shared
objects. I believe the changes I made by hand for this were the
following:

- Change build_old_libs=no to build_old_libs=yes
- Change build_libtool_need_lc=yes to build_libtool_need_lc=no
- Change pic_flag=" -DPIC" to pic_flag=" -fPIC -DPIC"
- Change pic_mode=yes to pic_mode=default
- Change need_lib_prefix=unknown to need_lib_prefix=no
- Change need_version=unknown to need_version=no
- Change allow_undefined_flag="unsupported" to allow_undefined_flag=""

I don't know if all these changes were needed to get the shared
libraries working, but it did work in the end. Most of the changes I
got from the Linux libtool.

Ryan