[haiku-development] Re: Compiling autotools

On 2008-04-07 at 00:47:07 [+0200], Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
wrote:
> Am 06.04.2008 um 23:47 schrieb Ingo Weinhold:
> > On 2008-04-06 at 19:28:45 [+0200], Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx
> > wrote:
> I made only minor changes to apr, mostly concerning function
> declarations (misc/unix/errorcodes.c, threadproc/beos/proc.c,
> network_io/beos/sendrecv.c); the rest of my patch is mainly silencing
> warnings in maintainer mode due to their ugly use of #if. apr's make
> check does not build due to an undefined reference to
> pthread_setconcurrency.

Whatever that is exactly, ideally Haiku should implement it. :-)

> apr-util's make check crashes in the APR Queue Test.
> I have had subversion 1.4.x branch running and successfully updating
> several http:-based repositories. Its make check (and auto*
> regeneration) requires Python though.

Well, you know what that means for you, don't you? :-P
Seriously though, I wouldn't really consider porting APR done until the full
test suite runs and there's a harmless explanation for any test that fails
(like a missing feature in Haiku) -- ideally all tests would pass, of course.

> Is there any recipe for creating optional packages?

Not really. For the first ones I created, I renamed ~/config, ran "make
install", and zipped the new ~/config. That obviously doesn't work, if
~/config contains anything that's needed for the "make install". So I wrote
this little tool "diff_zip" (committed to the repository in r24849), which
recursively scans a directory (or more than one, or files), waits for a key
to be pressed, rescans the directory, and passes all files, that have been
added or changed between the two scans to a zip invocation. I usually run it
like this:

  cd ~
  diff_zip -ry package-version-gcc2-date.zip -- config

CU, Ingo