[haiku-development] Re: Compiling autotools

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 23:47:45 +0200

On 2008-04-06 at 19:28:45 [+0200], Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
wrote:

> I've joined BePorts by now but Real Life is keeping me busy...
>
> My status yesterday was that I compiled apr, apr-util and subversion
> okay and checked whether .so files were built as well. To update and
> diff my apr etc. I needed neon, but Haiku crashed badly on me before I
> was finished. I'll need to check my working copies for any legacy
> diffs, update them to HEAD, regenerate configure and rebuild. When I
> have it working I have permission to upload patches, if any, to
> BePorts SVN. I haven't checked out the OpenSSL optional package yet,
> and I'd assume integrating that would be another prerequisite for
> providing a generally usable binary package. If I have that working
> I'd gladly provide it to someone for hosting and inclusion as optional
> package. About maintaining it I can't make promises.

I was planning to look into APR after OpenSSH. I think I've never published
my patches for BeOS R5, which were rather big (about 100KB IIRC). From my
experience back then I'd think the Haiku port would need a bit of patching
too, or probably "unpatching" of the BeOS related changes. Anyway, if you
have patches ready and they pass the test suite (or there are good
explanations for the failing tests :-)), feel free to send them to me -- I
can check them in under buildtools/patches. Similarly for the optional
package: I can upload it to haiku-files.org and add the optional package to
the build system.

CU, Ingo