[haiku-development] Re: Commit-access for Matt Madia

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 11:49:22 -0500

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Other developers may work differently, but at least I pay commit mails a
> lot less attention. For me they are mostly a way to stay up to date
> regarding the development, with the option for quick review.

FWIW I work in pretty much exactly the same way as far as the commit
list and Trac patches are concerned.

> That being said, I'm not strictly opposed to giving Matt commit access. As
> I wrote before I'd vote +/-0. Probably a few things would slip by that
> wouldn't when the patches went through Trac, but OTOH it would save time.

Well like any other new developer with commit access (or an old
developer working in areas new to them) we can all give Matt's commits
a little more review until we feel it is no longer necessary. Though
like Colin I believe Matt will only work in areas he feels confident
about. Also more than anyone Matt is aware of build failures and other
such problems since he wrote and maintains the Build-O-Matic system.

I say we give this another day or so for a few more comments and
votes, and then move forward. In general though it seems like no one
is strongly opposed to Matt getting commit access.

--
Regards,
Ryan