[haiku-development] Re: Commit-access for Matt Madia

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:44:02 +0100

On 2010-02-25 at 20:48:53 [+0100], Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On 25 February 2010 20:20, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 2010-02-25 at 17:28:28 [+0100], Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> As for the attribution aspect, with every patch everyone does make an
> >> effort to credit the patch author in the commit message.
> >
> > I wonder whether there's a standard format for commit messages that allows
> > tools/sites like Ohloh to correctly recognize the actual patch author.
>
> Now that would be unfair to Trac, where you opposed keeping some of
> its markup standards in mind when committing changes.
>
> Fix Ohloh!

I can't say I have followed the progress in natural language recognition, but
a few years ago it what an extremely hard task to algorithmically extract a
certain bit of information from arbitrary text. So while I agree with you in
principle, I'm afraid it is not feasible to fix the right end in this case.

CU, Ingo