[haiku-development] Re: Coding style conflicting with API

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 13:05:45 +0100

Am 18.11.2012 20:41, schrieb Axel Dörfler:
On 11/18/2012 07:37 PM, looncraz wrote:
No idea why people DislikeCamelCase().  I, for one, AbsolutelyPreferIt()
overThis();

Actually, it's both camel case. Just one that starts with a lower case
letter while the other one starts with an upper case letter.

In the end you'll probably just always prefer what you are used to.
There just isn't a convincing argument either way.

Hm, maybe there is one: If one could use a proper IDE with code completion in Haiku, it would take slightly less effort to type the first few characters of a method name... not having to press shift for the first letter. ;-)

Not that I am suggesting to change the Haiku API or coding style.

Best regards,
-Stephan