[haiku-development] Re: Coding guidelines

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:19:48 +0100 CET

Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Salvatore Benedetto wrote:
> > For example, does all devs agree that private member _must_ start
> > with
> > an underscore? Because it is not stated in the guidelines, but it
> > looks to me
> > that some code does and some does not follow this guideline.
> And this reminds me that, although our code guidelines does state
> that,
> it is not a good practice and can lead to problems. For further
> information, I recomend this link (via Web Archive):
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/19990221004617/http://www.ses.com/~clarke/cpptips/_naming

We control the whole thing, we don't port Haiku to somewhere else, and
even if, it would be only a minor problem in C++ code anyway -
actually, only macros are problematic. But our naming conventions for
those are different anyway (uppercase).
Also, there are no private but publically available macros.

IOW we can safely ignore that article.

Bye,
   Axel.