[haiku-development] Re: Caps Shift map in US-International

  • From: Konrad lkjiyg <kpisarczyk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 00:38:53 +0100

I am seeing similar behaviour with the Brazilian keymap with hrev 48926.
Apologies if this it not relevant in more recent builds, but perhaps the
problem might be related.

On 21 May 2015 at 22:17, Jessica Hamilton <jessica.l.hamilton@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Fri, 22 May 2015 8:59 AM Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 05/21/2015 10:42 PM, John Scipione wrote:
jessicah` discovered what appears to be a bug in the US-International
keymap which is that the keymap doesn’t produce any output on
Caps+Shift+letter/punctuation. I want to verify that this is indeed an
unintentional bug before I “fix" it.

I checked a BeOS 5 image (Maxx not stock R5 so take with a grain of
salt) and the US-International keymap on BeOS produces lowercase
letters for letter characters e.g. Caps-Shift-A produces ‘a’,
Caps-Shift-‘Y’ produces ‘y’, etc. For numbers and punctuation BeOS
produces shifted output so Caps-Shift-1 produces ‘!’ and Caps-Shift-;
produces ‘:’ (colon) for instance.

Does this seem like reasonable behavior to emulate on Haiku or am I
missing something? Is there some reasoning that the Caps-Shift map
produces no output for US-International on Haiku?

There is no reason why it should behave differently than any other
keymap (ie. like those on the BeOS 5 image, although we should really
look at other current platforms instead).

Behaviour in other key maps behave as described, and is also the norm on
other platforms (other than OS X, which is retarded).

So that's a +2 ;-)