[haiku-development] Re: Can we make BStringView's MaxSize = BSize(B_SIZE_UNLIMITED, B_SIZE_UNSET) by default?

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:57:13 -0400

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Alex Wilson <yourpalal2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Okay, cool, then we should still support these methods to some extent, but
> we don't need to worry too much about them. What I'm thinking is to override
> LayoutAlignment() like so:
>
> BAlignment
> BStringView::LayoutAlignment()
> {
>      return LayoutUtils::ComposeAlignment(ExplicitAlignment(),
> BAlignment(fAlign, B_ALIGN_MIDDLE));
> }

I assume that you would override the BView's LayoutAlignment() method
in BStringView. This sounds good to me provided that fAlign is
B_ALIGN_LEFT initially, which, what do you know, I just looked and it
is.

> The preferred way to set the alignment would be with SetExplicitAlignment(),
> but in the absence of an explicit alignment, the horizontal aspect would
> fallback to the legacy alignment

+1

Since you seem to have a good grasp of this, could you code up your
solution and commit the result? Once that is done I'll update my code
to take out the calls to SetExplicitMaxSize().

John Scipione