[haiku-development] Re: Call for vector icon gurus: need a midi port vector icon

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:26:55 -0800

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 05:09:52PM +0100, Philippe Houdoin wrote:
> Well, title sum it up pretty much.
>
> A nice midi port endpoint (a DIN connector), with behind some cable
> visible, the whole in haiku icon guideline perspective will be
> perfect.
> Purpose is to add a vector icon to midi_server physical endpoint(s)...

I've now played around long enough to submit my first effort for
your consideration.

However, Philippe, there's something of a 'gender problem' with your
suggested design... (:-/)  MIDI endpoints are really the software equivalent
of keyboards, synths & so on.  So they really should be represented by
'sockets' rather than cable-connectors.

Hence, I decided rather to do a spiffed-up version of the 2-D BeOS icon,
though with shading to give it relief.  I'm attaching a zip with PNGs
of some variants, and an Icon-O-Matic file of the basic one.  One of the
variants *is* a 3-D one, but to my mind it lacks clarity.

Comments solicited.

Cheers,

-- Pete --