[haiku-development] Call for release manager for next release

  • From: Niels Sascha Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 19:09:16 +0200

Hi all,

We are in the fourth week of our post-pm merge stabilization cycle. It is
possible that in two weeks we are going into release mode. We are looking
for a release manager that is able to make sure the release happens.

The release manager should:
 * Be the lead to make sure that all the tasks are assigned [see: 1]
 * Follow-up on the execution of those tasks
 * Be responsible for the release branch (either by reviewing the commits
on the master-branch himself, or by managing the review process).
 * Make the final call on whether the code is ready for release

Just as a reminder: this time the goal is to have a short release cycle.
That means that in two weeks we are going to hold a vote on whether or not
the trunk is in shape for a release. After that, the proposal was to wrap
up the release in a matter of two weeks (instead of a matter of months).

The release manager should have enough time to spare in November/early
December. Ideally though, since there is the chance that the branch point
is delayed for six more weeks, the availability extends to January.

Kind regards,

[1] https://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/PageTemplates/ReleaseCycle/Coordination