[haiku-development] CUPS Port Direction

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.w.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 07:51:53 +0200

Hi!

Almost forgot to request your approval for the new direction of the CUPS port project.

Regards,
Michael

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

Von: "Jovan Ivankovic" <jivankovic@xxxxxxxxx>
Datum: 26. Juni 2008 15:44:22 GMT+02:00
An: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [haiku-gsoc] Re: Status update
Antwort an: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

As of cups-port I'm in the process of writing PPD parser and
configuration UI (In fact I'm continuing work that Michael started
some time ago). We (me and Michael) had a long discussion about port
direction,and what we mainly concluded is that we should not port
whole cups but just port filters and do the tighter integration with
Haiku. I really wanted to do a blog post about the design decisions
(will do later today or in the morning). After finishing PPD parser
and UI, next step would be optimisation of current libprint PostScript
driver (to have more compact output), actually port the filters, and
implement cups-raster format support so we can use native cups drivers
too.

Cheers,
Jovan