[haiku-development] Re: Bootsplash tweaking

Philippe Saint-Pierre wrote:
> 2008/4/1, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>:
> >
> >  Dustin Howett wrote:
> >  > Poor little hijacked screenshot post.
> >  > I like the repositioned icons/logo; support++!
> >  > If the patch is pretty small you could probably throw it up on this
> >  > ml
> >

> > While I was extending Arthur's work on the bootsplash, I planned to add
> >  support for configurable placement. This could just be generated by
> >  the generate_boot_splash build system tool, ie it would read these
> >  placement values from the command line and put them into the images.h
> >  header it generates. The values would have to be expressed in percent
> >  (integer). Any patch in that direction would be gladly accepted! :-)
> >
> >  Best regards,
> >
> > -Stephan
> >

> Okay, I will tackle that task ASAP.. (just notifying devs so that we
> don't duplicate efforts)

Oh cool. It would be perfect if you could give the icons and the logo each
their separate x and y percentage. I guess we should also change the code
so that it handles eventually out of screen bounds placement. But one thing
at a time... :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan