[haiku-development] Re: Bootsplash tweaking

  • From: Luposian <luposian@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:36:21 -0700

Can anyone explain to me why, for the last *hundred* or more revisions, Haiku now displays some kind of graphical black screen (with white outline windows and other anomolies) weirdness at 32-bit depth, but works fine (displays a normal desktop and everything) at 16-bit depth and 8-bit depth? I am noticing this on my GeForce 3 Ti 500 AGP video card. I will try my Matrox G400-series AGP video card later tonight, if I have the time, but when I first noticed this weird display glitch (only at 32-bit, though; resolution and screen refresh rate (Hz) don't affect it at all), the Matrox worked fine and then I switched to the Geforce 3 card and everything went nuts, til I finally figured out it was a bit-depth issue and nothing else.

Is anyone else having this problem? Why is this 32 bit-depth causing this problem? Or, more accurately, what's causing this issue? Is it only happening with nVidia cards?

Luposian