[haiku-development] Booting in live CD

  • From: Олег Крысенков <beos344@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 00:13:27 +0300

Hi all, I did some researches and comparsions for ticket 1115. I tried to boot
an live cds with BeOS R5 Pro and Haiku alpha1 on VMware workstation, and: if I
used an iso images then haiku and BeOS boots at same time +/- 5 seconds, but
when I used a physical cdr`s, BeOS go ahead with 38-42 seconds and haiku approx
1.3 minutes...I think what the reason is somewhere in IDE/ATA/ATAPI Haiku
drivers but I can mistake and continue my research for detect where the
"feature" in the drivers or somewhere else, and I hope we close that ticket
soon, with respection, Oleg K. BeSman