[haiku-development] Re: Bootable disk images

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 05:47:59 +0100 CET

> *This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm)
> Pro*
> Is there any eta on releasing a bootable ISO image as a nightly
> build? I
> enjoy playing around with Haiku but I don't want to run it in
> emulation
> and I get bored making partitions and copying Haiku images from one
> partition to another. It would be so much easier to be able to boot
> from
> a nightly build and copy from the CD to a single Haiku partition.

I just found out why cd boot was broken... while I actually fixed the
build system to put the tgz archive after zbeos in the floppy image,
the loader was still looking for it at 192k...

Though we still use the 2-track scheme which was thought to be too
complex for people to burn. We also said we wouldn't ship CDs until R1/
alpha, so better get it out quick :)

But you can still build your own:

jam -q haiku-image
jam -q haiku-boot-cd

And burn it with:
cdrecord driveropts=burnfree -eject -v -dao -data generated/haiku-boot-
cd.iso generated/haiku.image

François.