[haiku-development] Re: Beta1 and R1 release plan

  • From: Barrett <b.vitruvio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2014 13:54:23 +0100

> It could, but Linux already does. We would need a lot of work to catchup
> with Linux on this (writing drivers for GPIO/SPI/etc...) and while the
> Haiku
> OS (or parts of it) might be technically appropriate, it is still out of
> scope for the Haiku project to work on this. Let's get it running as a
> Desktop OS first before we start attacking other markets?

Sure, i just wanted to avoid to label those boards as geek toys : ). I
agree completely with your words about those devices being low end and not
true computers, but it's also very important how you are apparently prone
to some kind of market. Most of the linux fortune come out from not being
biased on anything at first look.

Anyway continue this way, you are doing an exceptional work.

Regards