[haiku-development] Re: Banning Jorge G. Mare

> Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 12:53:39 -0700
> Subject: [haiku-development] Re: Banning Jorge G. Mare
> From: scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx
> To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> We respect your input. But in this case Jorge has already met most of
> the Haiku developers and many contributors in person, he's probably
> the one guy involved with the project who has met with the most other
> contributors, so we know him outside of just email. We've seen his
> good side and sometimes his bad side. Perhaps instead of an outright
> ban we put his emails to the mailing lists through a moderator, that
> way if/when he goes off on a tangent/rant we are better able to end
> the endless email threads dead in their tracks. Chances are if we ban
> him, he'd start up some sort of "cynics soapbox".
>
> -scottmc

Jorge wants control and authority over Haiku to do things his way.  He is

a Control Freak - his way or else, no "we" with Jorge - and because he

does not get his way he goes off sending email after email to the lists.

He has a serious problem with authority and believes the decisions made

by Haiku Inc. should be his.  Jorge does not accept or believe that Haiku Inc.

or the "clique" should make decisions affecting Haiku.

Jorge gets upset and then starts ranting and raving with lots of emails.

This is the 2nd or 3rd time he has brought up the problem with Haiku Inc.

that he continues to have.  Apparently, everyone else is Ok with a small

group of people being in charge except for Jorge who does not recognize

or accept their authority.

Jorge is bringing negativity, dissent, conflict, fighting, etc. to Haiku and

making it an unhappy place for me and others!!!  Some days Jorge helps

Haiku move forward and other days he wants to destroy Haiku.  I cannot

stand people that go around bashing a project they are a part of.  IF

JORGE IS REALLY SO UNHAPPY WITH HAIKU THEN HE SHOULD LEAVE!

Moderation means one or more people spending lots of time going

over Jorge's emails and editing them.  Would you rather spend your time

doing this or in helping out Haiku or using your time somewhere else?

The choices are: Ban Jorge, ignore his posts (& threads) or moderate.

Each choice with negatives and positives to carefully consider.

I am sorry to say it, but banning Jorge may be the best choice because

I and others cannot deal with constant negativity and conflict since this is

an *unresolvable* issue that will never go away and brought up over and

over.

Win $10,000 from Hotmail! Enter Here.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9729708