[haiku-development] Re: Banning Jorge G. Mare

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 07:42:02 -0700

OK folks, I have read the responses and get it. I don't want anymore emotional drain for anyone here, so please, no need to continue with this.

In the next few days I will remove myself from all the lists. With regards to my accounts on Trac and the website accounts, feel free to block or remove. If you feel the need to, go ahead and ban my email account and/or nick from IRC.

On the topic of the website theme, now that my emotions have calmed down a bit, I admit that I overreacted and I apologize for my impetuous act. I hope you can realize, though, that I was very pissed off at what I believed was an unjustified removal of my website admin and blogging rights. I still believe this unilateral removal was unjustified and for the wrong reasons (people close to the core members have done worse and gotten away without even a warning or a slap ion the wrist), but I digress...

Anyway, as a token of admission of guilt for my impetuosity and to show that deep inside I do not want to hurt the project (I never had), I am hereby granting irrevocable permission to use the theme to the Haiku Project as they wish. If you want something more formal in writing, send it over, and I will sign it for you. Enjoy it.

I also want to bring to your attention that there are two more important web resources that I am still hosting for the project:

* User Guide translation tool: http://userguide.haikuzone.net

* Haiku translation assistant (HTA): http://hta.haikuzone.net

These two websites have been serving the project reliably for quite some time, so I personally would not mind that they stay where they are, at least for as long I can host them (which should be at least for the foreseeable future).

However, since you have voiced concerns about me being a potential security liability and you actually seem to believe that I am, then I would feel more comfortable if you could please migrate the above systems elsewhere.

I will not rush you or try to impose deadlines, but the sooner the better, as I have good reason to think that if anything happened to those sites in the meantime, the conspiracy theories that Jorge G. Mare / aka Koki is compromising the integrity/security of the project's resources and attempting to harm Haiku will start to circulate.

I realize some may not believe this, but I do love Haiku and I have put the best of me to the extent that I could. And while through my involvement in Haiku I have made some enemies, I have also made many more friends, both inside and outside of the project. This is the main reason why I dedicated so much of my time, effort and skills to the project over the years.

I also know that I still have a lot that I could give to the project. However, my differences with the people that run the show here are simply to deep. I don't want to start another who is right or who is wrong argument, but simply point out that these differences with some of the key players are irreconcilable and it has finally come to a point of no return. While this is a sad conclusion (well, at least for me), I also agree that this is the best course of action for me to take.

I will not contribute to this thread anymore unless I am specifically asked to. This is very hard for me, so I would greatly appreciate if you could show restrain and kept any further responses to this post within a civil tone and free of subtle or not so subtle insinuations towards my person.

Thank you.

Jorge / aka Koki

PS Stippi: yes, I was banned from #haiku-dev without notice.