[haiku-development] Re: Banning Jorge G. Mare

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar.adema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 21:19:37 +0100

scott mc wrote:
We respect your input. But in this case Jorge has already met most of
the Haiku developers and many contributors in person, he's probably
the one guy involved with the project who has met with the most other
contributors, so we know him outside of just email.  We've seen his
good side and sometimes his bad side.  Perhaps instead of an outright
ban we put his emails to the mailing lists through a moderator, that
way if/when he goes off on a tangent/rant we are better able to end
the endless email threads dead in their tracks.  Chances are if we ban
him, he'd start up some sort of "cynics soapbox".
I guess whatever the decision is going to be, there's going to be flames and fallout.... Not only from Jorge himself, but from the community at large...

HTH,

Ithamar.