[haiku-development] Re: Banning Jorge

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 10:43:04 +0100

On 2010-11-03 at 09:32:42 [+0100], Michael Pfeiffer
<michael.w.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> PS: BTW complaining about being removed from the contributors list was
> justified.

Yep, complaining about being removed was justified and that's what Simon and
I (and Alexandre agreeing) did. Jorge wrote his mail after his name had
already been readded with the only purpose of trolling ("I am glad to see
there is some decency left in Haiku").

> Using "it" in the commit message when his name was re-added was also not
> very nice.

it == name. Given that the commit message was phrased exactly like the second
part of the sentence in my previous mail, I wouldn't assume any subtext here.

On 2010-11-03 at 09:36:24 [+0100], Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On 3 November 2010 08:43, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > since we stopped banning Jorge after he seemed to understood his
> > negative impact, and left, he obviously forgot so hard about it that
> > reading about it doesn't help anymore.
> > I would like to actually ban Jorge this time. Just for the books.
> > Any opinions? How should we proceed?

Half a year ago he allowed banning his email address (literally). He might
have changed is mind now, but that doesn't mean that we have to, too.

> I don't think there is any effective way to 'ban' anyone, due to the
> openness of our mailing lists and our websites.
>
> I really think that in this case "don't feed the troll" should be the
> mantra.

I basically agree. I'd still continue to NOPOST his mail addresses to at
least raise the hurdle.

CU, Ingo