[haiku-development] Re: Banning Jorge

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 18:46:59 +0100

Humdinger said:
> What I meant is, the not-feeding didn't work, because there's always someone
> who can't help himself, but to post that one more reply. Also, Jorge's style
> makes it sometimes very difficult to just walk away.

But Jorge should not be held responsible alone for the others
inability to refrain themselves to reply.
That's another reason why I'm against ban.

Stephan wrote:
> Since in my opinion the specific problem we try to prevent is drain on
> resources,
> we should simply not contribute to this problem ourselves, i.e. not let
> ourselves
> get involved in discussions with Jorge.

My point, exactly.

> There is no example known to me where Jorge has repeatedly send unprovoked
> emails about the same subject.
> In other words, discussions are based on Jorge replying to other people,
> discussions stop as soon as people
> stop replying to Jorge's emails. This suggests a simple solution to the
> problem. There are many examples where
> Jorge has given useful and valid input, so I fail to see how banning Jorge is
> the sane approach.

+1

Please, could you write my post next time?!
;-)

> I also don't believe the calling of names is necessary, like using
> descriptions such as "trolling".
> That is unnecessary, IMHO unjustified, and only contributes to the problem by
> being provocative.

I agree, and I'm sorry of using and repeating this term by lack of a
better term (and english skills).
I wasn't using "trolling" to name-calling Jorge himself but the
process of getting involved in - and thus an actor of - steril
discussions with anyone.
My apologies if it was perceived as provocative.

Bye,
  Philippe.