[haiku-development] Re: Banning Jorge

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 20:06:51 +0100

On 2010-11-03 at 18:49:55 [+0100], Ithamar R. Adema
<ithamar.adema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 17:54 +0100, Humdinger wrote:
> > But without an official ban, we IMO don't have a basis for what was
> > done so far, i.e. NOPOSTing someone.
>
> Well, seeing that this has been done already, and the general consensus
> in doing it, I find it a bit unfair to now ask for an official ban, as,
> looking at the action, effectively it was already there.
>
> The question should have been raised / statement should have been made
> before any NOPOSTing happened, asking it now is just hypocrisy IMHO.

OK, what happened: Half a year ago a discussion about permanently banning
Jorge was held. Jorge preempted this discussion by officially resigning
from the community, explicitly allowing us to ban him from our mailing
lists and website. The vote that was supposed to follow the discussion was
therefore never held.

IMO, now the situation is rather simple: Either we consider the outcome of
the past events equivalent to a ban or we don't. Matt and I do, which is
why Jorge's new mail addresses are flagged NOPOST. If any of the people
with voting permission disagree with either this assessment of the
situation or with that Jorge should be banned at all, they should speak up
now and start a voting thread. As the outcome of the thread Jorge will
either be unbanned (and the NOPOST flags be cleared) or the permanent ban
will be confirmed.

So, speak now or forever hold your peace.

CU, Ingo