[haiku-development] Re: BWebView development

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 11:59:53 -0500

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Fredrik Holmqvist
<fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, is there anything that I can help with?

Before others can help I need to at least find the time to push my Git
repo of WebKit (where I've at least reverted their removal of our
port) up to GitHub or somewhere similar and then we (and whoever else
wants to help) can divide and conquer on merging our changes from
Subversion into an updated WebKit Git repo. As you know from the patch
I emailed you before, I've got it part of the way. I expect that diff
will probably apply fairly cleanly (actually I have it committed in
another branch and will merge from there) and then we can continue the
project. This manual merging process loses Subversion history though,
but I'm just not sure it is worth it to try to maintain it. We can
keep the old Subversion repo around for a while for historical
purposes.

In general the above is probably fairly independent of moving
WebPositive into the Haiku repo, so if you are so motivated that might
be useful. Even if for now it can't be built for lack of a WebKit
optional package. Though the latter could be cobbled together from the
last WebPositive optional package. Again this may be something that is
easier for me to do, but if you do it you'll at least learn how to
build WebPositive and the basic organization of the code.

--
Regards,
Ryan