[haiku-development] BTextControl lable layout issues

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 11:23:14 +0200

Hi there,

while working on Mail, I noticed that the contents of BTextControl and its label aren't vertically aligned.
When using the non-layout constructor the label is differently aligned than when using the layout-aware constructor. But in both cases the label is not aligned with the contents of the text control.

I haven't checked BMenuField, but I guess it has similar issues.

Basically, when you use a check box, a menu field, or a text control in a single line, their texts should be at the same vertical position.

Currently, we center the labels vertically. That should certainly make it possible to do the same for the contents, but somehow this doesn't happen correctly.
Does someone has a better idea on how to solve this?

Bye,
Axel.