[haiku-development] Re: BPath::Append() resets the original path in case of failure.

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:54:50 +0100

Bruno Albuquerque schrieb:
This code:

        BPath path1 = "/aaa/bbb";
        BPath path2 = "/ccc/ddd";

        path1.Append(path2.Path());

        printf("%s\n", path1.Path());

Will print "(null)". The reason is that path2 must be relative (and not absolute) so the call to Append fails. I don't have anymore any working ZETA or BeOS installations here to test but I would be surprised if this behaviour is expected. IMHO, it should simply not change the original path.

So, is this really the wanetd behaviour? Can someone test this on BeOS/
ZETA and check if the same happens?

Even if it's the BeOS behavior, we should change that so Append() leaves the object as it was in case of failure.

Best regards,
-Stephan