[haiku-development] Re: BMenuBar scrolling support

On 31.12.2011 14:45, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
In principle, scrollbars are the preferred control for scrolling something. I
think that would be OK for the DeskBar, too, even if it adds space in the other
dimension. Just make the DeskBar wider. For pop up menus I think the reason why
Be added these hover arrows is because people also keep the mouse pressed while
navigating menus and release to invoke. A scrollbar would make this habit
unusable.

Nothing speaks against scrolling when you move beyond the upper or lower border of the view -- just like similar actions when you drag something over a scrollable view.

Bye,
   Axel.