[haiku-development] Re: BKeyStore usage

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 15:44:16 -0400

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't think anyone has worked on it since, so I guess it actually doesn't
> encrypt the keys.

OK, I kind of figured that was the case but was hopeful someone had
worked on it...

> While it would be nice to have an encryption API, it really shouldn't hold
> up that work. It's a also a good idea to actually use an API before thinking
> of designing a new one :-)

Yes that is a good point. The method of encrypting shouldn't matter
much to clients of BKeyStore anyhow. OpenSSL is probably the obvious
choice but I was also looking at NaCl [1] from Daniel J. Bernstein.

1. http://nacl.cr.yp.to/

--
Regards,
Ryan