[haiku-development] Re: BGLView changes

Le Sat, 07 Apr 2012 13:42:53 +0200, Stefano Ceccherini <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

Thanks for the explanation.
Does that mean that the clipping is done by the client who wants to draw on
the screen?
Oh, please note that direct drawing as it is now is unusable, so we still
have to find some way to fix the mentioned tickets.

The hardware should not draw outside of its allowed clipping area.
How this is done is up to the driver, it could be some kind of hit-testing, or use a mask, some 'magic pink' filtering, or whatever. I don't know enough about modern video hardware to say for sure.

As long as the clipping area is a rectangle, things should be rather straightforward.

--
Adrien