[haiku-development] Re: BFS code questions

  • From: Janito Ferreira Filho <jvffprog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 19:23:10 +0000

> axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> This function is used for every read or write operation at least once -
> it's not an option to call anything else in there.
> However, one should add a physical block size member to Volume, fill
> that during Mount(), and just use that through a getter method. Then
> indeed the DeviceOpener should retrieve the information (alongside the
> rest).

Hi,

Ok. I'll see if I can do that in the weekend =).

> It's initialized like this in line 1639:
>       uint32 group = start >> fVolume->AllocationGroupShift();
>
> The shift is the number of bits to shift a block offset in order to get
> the group index.

Therefore it returns allocation group containing the block containing the
"start" byte offset argument?

> You are indeed missing something :-)
> The incoming "start" argument is the first block to check. The
> CachedBlock is then set to the allocation group containing the that
> block (retrieved as above), and the block offset within that group
> ("groupBlock"). In each subsequent iteration, the groupBlock is
> incremented until the end of the current allocation group is reached
> which is when "group" is incremented as well, and "groupBlock" is reset
> to 0.

Ok. I'm not sure I understood correctly. Does this mean every allocation group
contains it's own bitmap blocks? Sorry, for
the false alarm... =)

Janito