[haiku-development] Re: BButton colors?

Gabriele Biffi wrote:

Oh, certainly! I feel the same. There are plenty of things that when fixed would improve the smoothness of the experience, and I see you are already working on whichever of those you happen to stumble upon. :-)

There are several other small tasks that could be done and would help to get the best possible alpha version out (note this are not priority, but should be easy enough and would increase user experience):

Since there isn't an aplha plan yet, everybody feels free to do whatever they believe needs to be done :-)

Well, this si supposed to be part of an alpha plan. Anyway, any possible plan will only be as successful as the level of support given to it by the project developers. It *IS* a open-source, spare-time project after all. There is no way anyone will force anything to be done and thats' why I posed this as a suggestion, not a demand.

2 - Integrate Installer/Partitioner (even if only through a button) so people can actually create partitions to install Haiku to (is our partitioner able to create and initialize BFS partitions?).

Designing an installer requires a lot of discussion on this ML or elsewhere :-)

Not at all and not for an alpha. We just need something that makes installation possible. In any case, a Installer in the BeOS tradition is (basically) just something able to copy everything from the CD to a disk partition, There is no secret about that.

-Bruno