[haiku-development] Re: BButton colors?

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 18:12:26 +0100

Am 05.03.2008 um 23:51 schrieb Ryan Leavengood:

I think the Ubuntu installer is pretty good, though I wonder if the
time zone selection could just be done the first time they boot the
system ("Welcome to Haiku, please configure the following.")

The clock and time zone should be configured before any time stamps are written to disk.

Thus, doing it before writing to the disk seems logical. Postponing it to the first boot can already have files written to disk with an incorrect timestamp (especially future timestamps can cause great problems).

I am saying this as someone affected by Haiku's indifference towards time zones. It is really nasty and should be avoided.

Andreas