[haiku-development] Re: BBox and layout

  • From: Clemens Zeidler <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 09:51:43 +1200

On Fri, 11 May 2012 04:35:04 +1200, pulkomandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:07:12AM +1200, Clemens wrote:
ok an example use case is that you have two different BLayouts
fLayout1 and fLayout2 holding the same views. fLayout1 is child of
another parent layout which is attached to a target view. Thus all
child items of fLayout1 are attached to the target view. fLayout2 is
not attached to any view. Now you want to switch between both
layouts for some reason. That can be done by doing:

I can't think of any case where this would be useful ?

You can make a view less card view like object with that. Seriously, I tried that before years ago and start swearing why it is not working!?

Another more common problem that I ran into is to fill BLayout before calling SetLayout. This is really a big fault in the current api. The builders shadow this problem a bit but that is not an excuse why it is not possible. Especially for beginner that behaviour is very frustrating.

Regards,
        Clemens