[haiku-development] BApplication::WindowAt - Returns NULL all the time for me

  • From: Váradi Zsolt Gyula <karmaxxl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development List <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 00:42:58 +0200

Hi everyone!

I've been investigating this bug ( http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1308 )
for the last two hours, and I'm stuck at the moment.

As I've written in that bug's comment, that snippet doesn't count the
windows of the application.
Therefore I've put several printf-s into _WindowAt in Application.cpp to
trace what's happening. (I know it's a caveman method, but that's all I
could think of now)

Here's what it shows after starting People, creating 2 new windows, and
closing one of them: http://bayimg.com/hAEeMaaBO

So for some reason the dynamic_cast fails. I've checked, TPeopleWindow
inherits from BWindow. So the cast should work. Or isn't the first
looper returned by gLooperList the first window?

What's happening here? Where should I look now?

Thanks,
Zsolt