[haiku-development] Re: Attaching notes to any open windows

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 18:34:56 -0400

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 7:58 AM, Salvatore Benedetto <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now suppose I also want to be able to "attach" any notes to any opened
> windows at any position, like when you attach a note to the fridge :-) .

I don't know, this whole thing seems likely to require a kludge
solution, and in my opinion is taking the metaphor of a real desktop
on the computer too far (as far as trying to emulate putting Post-It
notes on real objects.)

If you really want reminders to be associated with the activation or
launching of certain applications, then maybe some kind of desk bar
applet with a pop-up window is a better solution. When you open your
browser or whatever the applet can pop-up a window by desk bar (or
maybe a configured corner) and show the reminders associated with the
browser ("Send email about GSoC", "Look at www.something.com", etc.)
When you click the applet is can show a summary of reminders for all
associated applications.

It seems like it could be useful, but I personally don't like the
attaching notes to windows method.

Regards,
Ryan