[haiku-development] Re: Are fs add-ons cached?

Dustin Howett wrote:

Does listimage list images that are loaded at the moment it runs or all
images that have been loaded at some point? Because besides cdda, it also
shows dos, ext2 and iso9660 as being loaded. And at no point I mounted any
partition other than cdda. In fact, I do not even have a dos partition on
my computer.

Ideas?

Could this be from the boot process, scanning for filesystems?
I haven't looked too far into the boot process, mind you, but it's the
first thing I could think of.
If so, they're either not being released, or listimage shows everything forever.

Axel's recent patches seems to have fixed it with one caveat. Even if a filesystem is not mounted but was detected, the add-on seems to not be unloaded (for example, I still see the ext2 add-on in listimage even when not mounting any ext2 partitions. This is obviously because of the partition scan but I wonder if the add-on should not be unloaded unless it is actually used.

On a related note, this seems to have fixed restarting the media server with OSS installed. Lesson learned is that whenever Axel seys a problem is because of something else, do not believe him. ;)

-Bruno