[haiku-development] Re: Are fs add-ons cached?

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:05:20 -0300

Axel Dörfler wrote:

Hm, I just tried here, and listimage only shows those modules that are loaded - and neither ext2 nor cdda is part of that (VMware). Not sure what's go wrong for you.

No no no... You did not understand. It is loaded because I have a ext2 partition. It is just that I expectd not to keep loaded unless the partition is actually mouted.

With cdda, for example, until I pop a disk in the drive it is not loaded. As soon as I do it is loaded and stays there.

On a related note, this seems to have fixed restarting the media server with OSS installed. Lesson learned is that whenever Axel seys a problem is because of something else, do not believe him. ;)

It actually was a different problem, though :-)

Lies! All lies!

But please don't tell anyone ;-)

I guess it is too late. :)

This means BTW that OSS searches for a module that is not exported by a properly named add-on; that's when this bug showed up.
Now if only we could get OSS working for real... *wishful thinking*

You mean that latency thing? Well, the debugging code is all there, someone just needs to check it out - but I'm on vacation starting tomorrow, and I probably won't be able to do this before then :-)

There where exactly? I can take a look at it.

Have a nice vacation!

-Bruno