[haiku-development] Re: Appearance change system message

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 12:19:10 -0500

On 9/19/2015 11:37, Josh Wright wrote:

Maybe a B_LOOK_CHANGED and then a bitmask (uint32) included in the BMessage with flags set depending on what was changed? That way an application could simply respond to the general message, or could query the flags if it wanted to be a bit more granular.

Sent from Mailbox <https://www.dropbox.com/mailbox>

That would certainly work, but then we end up defining a bitmask.. at which point we'd suffer less of a performance hit (and less work) just using individual message 'what' values.

Thinking on it, I think we'd need one message for colors (where you really just need to set view colors or invalidate a view) and one for font or decor (where you may need to reflow the layout).

B_COLORS_CHANGED (panel, control, etc. colors)
B_LOOK_CHANGED (font, decor, whatever)

--The loon