[haiku-development] Re: App server hangs at boot

Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Axel Dörfler wrote:
> > BTW have you noticed I enhanced the accelerant API a bit and added
> > B_GET_EDID_INFO, B_GET_MONITOR_INFO, and
> > B_GET_PREFERRED_DISPLAY_MODE
> > hooks? This can be used to make sure that the app_server will
> > default
> > to the native display resolution, if possible.
> > Would that be possible with the Savage driver as well? I've already
> > adapted the Intel Extreme and the Radeon driver.
> I wasn't aware of these changes.  I will look into applying them to
> the
> Savage driver;  especially the B_GET_PREFERRED_DISPLAY_MODE hook.

If you provide B_GET_EDID_INFO, the app_server would also use that info
to get a preferred mode - but laptop panels often don't use EDID at
all.
If you have any questions regarding them, just ask!

> Thanks for applying my changes to the Savage video driver.

Well, thanks for writing them in the first place! :-)

Bye,
   Axel.