[haiku-development] Re: Another Package question :)

  • From: Ralf Schülke <ralf.schuelke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 12:02:22 +0200

> +1. I still remember when I had to resort to ugly hacks trying to auto-start
> a media application and make it wait until the media server was actually
> ready for applications to connect and create nodes.
>
> Ralf, I think you need to exit your reality distortion field and stop seeing
> beauty in Haiku where there is just missing functionality. And while you are
> at it, there a quite a few more things you could be realistic about.

Sure, missing stuff have haiku, ber the stuff what are we are good,
eg. missing init.d, we are not unix, more or less unix-like are sinn
of POSIX ready system.
This word i mean, he says, no thats not nice because its limited and
can do better. Ok, but why not speak about how goes better and we, so
other can think and learn or implement this.

My result of this week are, haiku dev and leader are not interesting
to the future stuff, because he gave not really place to rethinking.

It was interesting, he have a pool for stuff how can everybody vote
and give here voice.

I will stop my writings about this, have anybody intresting, how are
the next steps are goes for make haiku os intresting for more people
or make better.

> Best regards,
> -Stephan

Ralf