[haiku-development] Re: AltGr Key, key_map, and the US-International Keyboard

  • From: Rimas Kudelis <rq@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 20:55:00 +0300

2012.04.03 20:50, John Scipione rašė:
Now that I've done all this work... I have to pose the question. Why
not just use Option/Win Key to get additional characters? Why do you
need the AltGr key in the first place? Since Option exists and is
mappable, why not just use it? Don't switch the keys around, just use

Ctrl    Opt    Cmd      [                   space               ]
Cmd    Opt    Menu    Ctrl

And to get the special characters, push one of the Opt keys. Why do
you need AltGr in the first place? Forget system shortcuts for now. I
am just going through the reasoning in my head and I can't figure it
out.

I'd say because a) there's no need for two AltGr's on the keyboard (even if you call them Opt) and b) for system shortcuts (not sure why you want us to forget them).

Rimas