[haiku-development] Re: AltGr Key, key_map, and the US-International Keyboard

  • From: Rimas Kudelis <rq@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 18:42:17 +0300

2012.04.03 10:07, Stephan Aßmus rašė:
Hi,

On 03.04.2012 07:07, Rimas Kudelis wrote:
2012.04.02 22:22, pulkomandy rašė:
On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 08:07:53PM +0300, Rimas Kudelis wrote:
Well, you would still have to space or shift into it, so I don't see
a problem here.
It is just not the place to look for a keymap setting. The current
ReadOnlyBootPrompt is fine, I think.

You misunderstood me. I wanted means to force ROBP loading from the boot
menu, not to replace ROBP with it.

A better solution may be to run it always when certain settings file are missing. At the moment, it only runs when the boot medium is read-only which is simply not the best indicator. Don't know what I was thinking when implementing that. By letting it run depending on the existance of settings, it would also solve the case of building your own image. Just make sure you place the right settings during building and ROBP will not run.

I guess you're right. Although I think it could still be useful for some cases like installing Haiku on friend's PC from your own bootable USB stick, although that scenario is probably a bit of a stretch.

Is your proposed scenario easily implementable? Can anyone make it reality?

Rimas