[haiku-development] Re: AltGr Key, key_map, and the US-International Keyboard

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 09:52:17 +0200

2012/4/2 fano il primo <fanoilprimo@xxxxxxxxx>:
> But in Windows this works so why Haiku problems?
> Why we want to continue to change keys behavior based on layouts? Windows
> don't do this...

Because in windows (and linux) the shortcut key is CTRL, not ALT.
Of course, this cause other problems, specifically in the Terminal,
where the regular shortcuts don't work, and they are different (for
example, in linux,  CTRL-C is the copy shortcut everywhere, except in
the terminal, where it's CTRL-SHIFT-C. In windows, the copy/paste
shortcuts are completely different in the terminal).