[haiku-development] Re: AltGr Key, key_map, and the US-International Keyboard

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 17:46:43 -0400

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Rimas Kudelis <rq@xxxxxx> wrote:
> It's indeed an uncommon name. Should someone file a ticket to rename
> American layouts?

You could file a ticket if you'd like, but I am planning on renaming
it 'US' once I through with my AltGr patch.

> Like I said, you can also open the Modifier keys dialog and choose the
> modifier keys there (assuming the dialog is not a new feature, you'll find
> it in the Keymap's menu).

I added the Modifier keys dialog specifically to address the issue of
switching modifier keys in Keymap. Some have suggested that it is a
horrible abomination and should be removed, but I think it is starting
to become a useful method of reliably selecting valid modifier key
combinations. It still needs work though. And it only helps you with a
selection of modifier keys, and to turn US-International into
US/American you need to map quite a few more regular keys.

John Scipione