[haiku-development] Re: Alpha-1 merging and status

  • From: Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 15:24:48 -0600

> Hi all,
>
> regarding the supposed freeze of the image tomorrow... I just spoke to
> Marcus on the phone and he would like to get some more ATA problems
> resolved. With Axel and Ingo gone, it's quite a lot of work overall. I know
> Oliver is looking into some Haiku regressions that surface in the Perl
> tests... and will one week from tomorrow be enough for the website
> migration? To me it seems Jorge has to shoulder quite a lot.
>
> From my perspective, the image is now in quite good shape. It was
> definitely a good move to set a date and have everyone in bug-fixing mode.
> But at the same time, freezing tomorrow seems to me like we are perhaps
> rushing things a slight bit too much. What's the general feeling?
>
> Best regards,
> -Stephan

Yes, I say better to push out the freeze by a couple to 10 days to let some
of the developers finish up their bug fixing.

Way better to have a good, polished product rather than one which feels
unfinished.  A couple extra days of waiting for release won't hurt anyone.

Advice, make sure to give a new freeze date with enough time so you
don't have to change the release date again.

Regards,

Click less, chat more: Messenger on MSN.ca
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid?77404