[haiku-development] Re: Alpha-1 merging and status

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 13:30:54 -0700

Hi Stippi,

Stephan Assmus wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> regarding the supposed freeze of the image tomorrow... I just spoke to
> Marcus on the phone and he would like to get some more ATA problems
> resolved. With Axel and Ingo gone, it's quite a lot of work overall. I know
> Oliver is looking into some Haiku regressions that surface in the Perl
> tests... and will one week from tomorrow be enough for the website
> migration? To me it seems Jorge has to shoulder quite a lot.

I think I should be OK with the website upgrade and content update.

But having extra time never hurts. ;)

> >From my perspective, the image is now in quite good shape. It was
> definitely a good move to set a date and have everyone in bug-fixing mode.
> But at the same time, freezing tomorrow seems to me like we are perhaps
> rushing things a slight bit too much. What's the general feeling?

I am all for giving Marcus the time he would need to get the ATA stack
in better shape. After all, I don't think a few more days (or even a
couple or more of weeks for that matter) are a big deal in the context
of the 8+ years that took us to get here.

IOW, if a bit more time is needed to make alpha 1 a better release, then
we should not be shy or ashamed to change the freeze/release date(s) IMO.

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki