[haiku-development] Re: Alpha-1 merging and status

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 13:18:04 -0700

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Stephan Assmus<superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> regarding the supposed freeze of the image tomorrow... I just spoke to
> Marcus on the phone and he would like to get some more ATA problems
> resolved. With Axel and Ingo gone, it's quite a lot of work overall. I know
> Oliver is looking into some Haiku regressions that surface in the Perl
> tests... and will one week from tomorrow be enough for the website
> migration? To me it seems Jorge has to shoulder quite a lot.
>
> From my perspective, the image is now in quite good shape. It was
> definitely a good move to set a date and have everyone in bug-fixing mode.
> But at the same time, freezing tomorrow seems to me like we are perhaps
> rushing things a slight bit too much. What's the general feeling?
>
> Best regards,
> -Stephan

I know Jérôme is taking a look at some HDA driver issues, not sure how
long those will take to finish up though.  The Live CD seems to work
fine for the most part.  I was just running it for an hour and a half
or so and it seemed quite stable.  We have most of the
OptionalPackages now in place, so I'll defer to those who are still
heavily working on fixes to get their input on this one (Marcus,
Michael, Jérôme, Oliver, others?).  Perhaps push the freeze out a
couple days but still shoot for the 14th?
-scottmc