[haiku-development] Alpha-1 merging and status

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 14:08:12 +0200

Hi all,

> Log:
> * Merged changesets r32903, r32926, r32957, r32959, r32967, r32986 and
> r32987
>   (all the CommandPipe and Installer changes).
> * Merged changeset r32968 (Haiku Guide).
> * Merged changesets r32969, r32983, r32984 and r32992 (OptionalPackages).
> * Merged changeset r32995 (Installer links fixes).
> * Merged changeset r32996 (unzipping of packages at install time)
> * Updated OptionalPackages warnings about packages that still need to be
>   rebuilt.

In my list of unmerged changesets, there are a few which I am not sure
about:

* All the People related changesets. To me it looks like they could be
merged.

* r32935 was a change to the IOScheduler. It looks like a bugfix. Should it
be merged?

* r32943 (MouseInputDevice naming) looks like it could be merged without
side effects.

* I stopped commiting nVidia driver "fixes", since it looked like some
commits started to introduce regressions. Some of those were fixed in
subsequent commits, but I am not sure if things have stablelized yet.

* Some commits to the HDA driver, r32971 in particular. I am not on top of
things and would like some advice.

* A whole bunch of commits to the ATA stack were designed to fix bugs, but
it seems they also introduced regressions. I would like some discussion
and/or advice.

* r32993 is a bugfix to BTextView. Looks like it can be merged.

* r32994 is a bugfix to the VM layer? Can it be merged?

I gave the current alpha image some testing (r32997). So far the only
problems I see are these:

* Tracker add-ons don't seem to work from the LiveCD. For example
Zip-O-Matic does not work from the LiveCD, but it works from the harddisk
install.

* BeZilla is as annoying as ever. Double clicking the Welcome link will
open
two blank tabs, none of which is the Welcome documentation.

* The BeBook link on the desktop will fail to get the correct icon. But the
Welcome link will get it after a long while.

I did test wether everything with regards to the installed packages works.
The licenses are all added correctly and clickable. All additional
applications start, including the command line apps cvs, svn, nano.

* I just noticed that git and mercurial are not installed? -> Will
investigate and fix...

Any help with this is greately appreciated, I am really short on time
myself right now.

Best regards,
-Stephan